[bcbirdclub] No BCBC Meeting in May

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 07:13:03 -0400

At the last club meeting it was decided that we would not have our regularly
scheduled BCBC club meeting on Monday, May 11. Instead we planned for two
outings in May. The next outing is scheduled for May 23. We will be birding
Horn Mountain, the mountain just to the south of Compton Mt, and Compton Mt,
both of which are a part of the Mountain Area - Virginia Birding and Wildlife
Trail. We will meet at the parking lot at the intersection of Rte 460 and Rte
680 ( the bread outlet store). We will bird across Horn Mountain then come to
our place here on Compton Mountain where we will have hot dogs, baked beans and
chips. If you plan to come on this outing please let us know so Lynda will have
and idea of how much food to prepare.

We had originally planned on May 23 to bird across Horn Mountain and go to Keen
Mt Park for a picnic, but the park is full that day with family reunion groups.

Enjoy the wet spring day and keep your eyes open. These storms may have blown
some unusual birds into the area.