[bcbirdclub] Nighthawks - Lexington, KY

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan Birds <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 16:53:25 -0700 (PDT)

Buchanan Birders,

Yes, I'm still living.  After three U-haul loads, Michelle and I have finally
moved our stuff to Richmond, Kentucky (picture every room stacked with boxes).
It will probably take a few more days to get everything put away - amazing how
much you can accumulate after 15 years in the same house.

Anyway, we got a Nighthawk show last night from our back deck.  We probably had
at least 100 Nighthawks swooping over our neighborhood - many of them giving us
close looks as they came by the deck.  Tonight we only have a handful so I
assume that must have been a migrating flock we saw yesterday.

Ed Talbott