[bcbirdclub] New Unusual Yard Bird

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 14:42:13 -0500

On Friday, Jan 13, I was surprised to see this male Ring-Necked Pheasant come
strolling into our yard. Something scared it and it started running, then took
to the air and flew toward our house. It landed just at the edge of the woods
just below our yard. I didn't see it after that. It is probably the one that
escaped from our neighbor's ( Nick Wimmer ) pen over a month ago. It appears to
be in good health. It is a beautiful bird, and these photos certainly don't do
it justice. I was hoping it might come up to feed under the bird feeder. It
certainly makes a nice yard decoration.

JPEG image

JPEG image