[bcbirdclub] Re: Neotropical birders

  • From: "Jerry Thornhill" <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Buchanan County'" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 16:17:54 -0500

We have returned.  We flew back to Charlotte on Monday, spent the night there
because we were so tired, and got home Tuesday.  Quite a shock going from about
80 degrees to 10 below.  We had a great trip.  Jane & I had about 255 birds
with around 185 as life birds.  Tom and Laverne probably had a few more birds
but they had seen some of these birds before on previous trips.  Costa Rica is
a great country to visit.  People are friendly and birds are plentiful.  Here’s
one of Jane’s pictures of a Montezuma Oropendola, a member of the oriole
family, to whet your appetite for Costa Rica.

m_o.jpg

Jerry