[bcbirdclub] Re: More on the Deer Carcass

  • From: "Bob" <bebirding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 04:43:19 -0500

Hey Jerry,

Sounds like you got a decent bird feeder working along Route 80.  Feeding on
deer carcasses is not uncommon feeding behavior for Red tailed Hawks, but it
is uncommon for people to have one available to watch the feeding  by the
raptor population.  Once when the sheep farming started to decline in the
area the so called birding experts in the region said that the Golden Eagles
would be gone because they did not have sheep to eat.  Well looks like the
eagles have learned to adapt.  Thanks for the wonderful report on the deer
carcass and the animals feeding on it.

Bob

  _____