[bcbirdclub] More Warbler Species

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 00:02:04 -0400

The southward migration is picking up. There were 13 warbler species in the
yard today. There were 22 Tennessees, 1 Northern Parula, 1 Chestnut-sided, 6
Magnolias, 3 Cape Mays, 4 Black-throated Greens, 2 Blackburnians, 3
Yellow-throated Warblers, my FOS Bay Breasted, 2 American Redstarts, 1
Worm-eating, 1 Common Yellowthroat and 1 male Hooded.  That is the high number
of warbler species here so far this season.
I had 41 species for the day. The complete list follows.

This juvenile Eastern Kingbird came down in the yard about 25 feet from my
camera. I took this shot just as it was lifting off.

41 species

Wild Turkey 12

Mourning Dove 9

Ruby-throated Hummingbird 6