[bcbirdclub] Re: More Migrants and Drama - Compton Mt

  • From: GaryPoteat@xxxxxxx
  • To: rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx, bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 19:11:48 EDT

Roger,
That was like going through my Audubon book on big  screen.  My O My.

Gary

In a message dated 9/18/2010 10:40:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Migration has ratcheted up a notch here on  Compton Mt this week. On the
15th I saw the first FOS PHILADELPHIA VIREO. In  addition to the Philadelphia
we had BLUE-HEADED, RED-EYED and  YELLOW-THROATED VIREOS. Also on the 15th
we had our FOS  PALM WARBLER, and we are still seeing a few HUMMINGBIRDS
visiting  the blooming Jewel Weed. On the 16th in a 30 minute period we had 13
warbler species to come to the yard stream along with CEDAR WAXWINGS,
SCARLET  AND SUMMER TANAGERS. We are also seeing EASTERN KINGBIRDS and EASTERN
WOOD PEWEES moving through the area, as well as SWAINSON'S  THRUSHES, GRAY
CATBIRDS, BROWN THRASHERS, INDIGO  BUNTINGS, BALTIMORE ORIOLES AND
ROSE-BREASTED  GROSBEAKS.

The warbler species that are moving through  include AMERICAN REDSTARTS,
BAY BREASTED, BLACK-AND-WHITE, BLACK-THROATED  BLUE, BLACK-THROATED GREEN,
BLUE-WINGED, CAPE MAYS, KENTUCKY, MAGNOLIAS,  NASHVILLES, PALM, TENNESSEES,
YELLOW-THROATED AND WORM-EATING.

Photos of several of the visitors with drama  included can be found at
_http://www.pbase.com/mayhorn/migration_2010_9_17_
(http://www.pbase.com/mayhorn/migration_2010_9_17)

Roger Mayhorn
Compton  Mt