[bcbirdclub] More Migrants

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 00:58:52 -0400

I counted 32 species in the yard yesterday with thrushes and waxwings
dominating the numbers. I had 2 Gray-cheeked Thrushes with several Swainson's
and Wood Thrushes eating Poke berries, Dogwood and Virginia Creeper berries.
Nine Gray Catbirds were also busy in the berries.  I saw 5 warbler species
which were Magnolia, Cape May, Yellow-throated, Palm and Worm-eating. A single
Broad-winged Hawk circled low overhead a couple of times before soon passing
out of sight to the south. The complete list is at the end of this message.

This little Philadelphia Vireo and Swainson's Thrush posed for several photos,
as I walked the birding trail around the property.

Broad-winged Hawk 1

Mourning Dove 4

Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1

Red-bellied Woodpecker 1