[bcbirdclub] Migrants and RT Hawk Photo

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Buchanan County Bird Club" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 00:56:22 -0400

Hi All,
In the last few days I have had Purple Finches, 3 this morning, White-crowned
Sparrows, 2 today, RB Grosbeaks, 3 males, today and yesterday, Tennessee
Warblers, Yellow-rumps, Palms and this morning a flood of White-throated
Sparrows.

Early today, while walking through the field a Red-tailed Hawk came soaring
just above me. I managed to drop my binoculars and grab my camera, both on
straps around my neck, and get off a few shots before the hawk got away. Here
is a photo of the first and closest shot I took.

Buchanan County

JPEG image