[bcbirdclub] Mendota Fire Tower Hawkwatch 2013

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, virginia birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 16:34:53 -0700 (PDT)

The Mendota Fire Tower Hawkwatch for 2013 will begin on September 3rd and
continue until October 5th. This will be the 56th consecutive year that the
hawkwatch has been conducted at the fire tower. We will be at the fire tower
from 9 am to 5 or 5:30 pm each day.  Directions to the fire tower, history,
last 3 years data, and general information can be found at the following web
page:

https://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=706&dyearsel=2012&PHPSESSID=3c79d898f1f0ea7cf5db1ba89f04242e

As the web page indicates there is a 25 to 30 minute hike from the parking area
and there are no facilities. Please bring water, snacks, sunscreen, etc.
I look forward to seeing everyone at the fire tower.

Hawkwatch Coordinator
Tom Hunter
Russell County Bird Club
Lebanon, VA