[bcbirdclub] Re: Meadowland Birds in Decline

  • From: "Richard Kretz" <fatcatz33@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:57:52 -0400

MessageDitto Jerry... Neighbors across the road have shared quail were once
abundant in this area and seen regularly, Ring-Necked Pheasant too. Haven't
seen a quail in the past 5 years or more, and last Bobwhite I heard was about 3
years ago. Pheasant haven't been seen or heard in over 10 to the best of my
recollection. Decline is probably due to predators such as fox and coyote, as
well as human and cattle encroachment.
Enjoy the birds while we can...
Richard