[bcbirdclub] Madison County, KY Hikes

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan Birds <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 07:43:27 -0700 (PDT)

Buchanan Birders,

Saturday morning, Michelle and I, along with Michelle's Mom Shirley and
our dog Chazzy, hiked up to the East Pinnacle in the Berea Woods.  Best
birds of the day were great looks at a pair of Summer Tanagers and a
Yellow-billed Cuckoo.  A baby Gnatcatcher was beside the trail but it's
parents were close by and keeping an eye on it.  Flycatchers included
Acadian, Peewee, Great-creasted, Kingbird and Phoebe.  For those
interested in our hike pictures, here is the link:
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/berea4

Michelle and I also made a quick hike at Booneborough State Park on
Sunday morning and made our first trip out to Whitehall.  Whitehall
looks like a good birding spot, especially with the new trail and pond.  For
those interested, here in the link to those pictures:
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/boone1

Ed Talbott
Richmond, KY