[bcbirdclub] Lynn Camp Walk - Sunday - May 20

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan Birds <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 04:50:59 -0700 (PDT)

Buchanan Birders,

  Chazzy, our dog, and I made a quick hike up Lynn Camp here in Buchanan County
yesterday morning. A few warblers were singing and we heard Hooded, Redstart,
Worm-eating, Cerulean, Ovenbird, Yellow-throated, Parula, Blue-winged, and
Black-throated Green. A Cooper's Hawk made an appearance. We could not find any
Grasshopper Sparrows in the large reclaimed mine areas where they have bred in
the past. We only spent a couple of hours up there but is was a nice way to
start the day.

  For those interested, here's a link to some hike pictures:
  http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/lynncamp2

  Ed Talbott

photos & more.