[bcbirdclub] Late Follow-up

  • From: "David & Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:18:53 -0500

I did find the Virginia Rail on the morning of the 20th. I saw it fly up from
the creek near the bush I observed it underneath the night before. Surprisingly
the rail flew to a perch in the old maple in our yard.  After a full minute the
bird flew over some trees and disappeared into the light rain & mist of the
morning! My efforts to relocate it have been futile-so far... I have checked a
few of the possible spots: Breaks Park Lake & Beaver Pond, the pond at   the
Old Homeplace & neighbor Ed Bailey's place. As long as the weather stays rainy
& mild these birds could show up anywhere. The night crawlers are out in the
daylight right now! Dave R/Breaks