[bcbirdclub] Lake Linville - Rockcastle County, KY

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BCBC Listserve <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 06:42:55 -0700 (PDT)

Buchanan Birders,

Stopped by Lake Linville for about 10 minutes yesterday.  Lots of Pied-billed
Grebes on the lake, a raft of Coots, many Killdeer, a couple Snipe, and a pair
of what I think are Greater Yellowlegs based on general size, bill size and
color.   Here are some pics:
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/linville2

Michelle and I saw "The Big Year" Sunday night and really enjoyed it.  I can
see where a non-birder would not get many of the jokes - we were laughing out
loud during a couple of the parts when the rest of the audience was
silent....lots of "been there, done that" moments.

Ed Talbott
Richmond, KY