[bcbirdclub] House Wren

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 23:42:09 -0400

I have only seen House Wrens on Compton Mt during the spring a couple of times.
A few years ago a pair showed up here in the spring. A short time later the
male was still singing, but he was alone. He built a nest in a bluebird box,
but after singing near it for a couple of weeks without attracting a mate he
left.

This morning I stepped outside and heard a House Wren singing in the shrubs
along the driveway. I didn't hear him later in the day so he may have been
passing through.