[bcbirdclub] Hot News/Late Post

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 20:42:54 -0400

While Dad & I were walking in the park yesterday evening, an unusual warbler
song was heard coming from the high branches of a Tulip Poplar. I staked it out
& was able to catch glimpses of a beautiful male Blackburnian Warbler. This
bird was singing(as Sibley describes) his alternate song. This is a first ever
breeding season sighting of this species for this birder in the Breaks.
Hopefully we will find further evidence of nesting. I'm leading a bird walk
Thursday morning @ 8:00 from the Visitor's Center. Will keep you posted.

DaveR/Breaks,VA