[bcbirdclub] Henslow's Sparrow Hampton Creek Cove

  • From: Mike Sanders <hawk036@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birdclub Bristol <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Birdclub Buchanan County <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 16:18:29 -0400

Went to several places today. Lists are below. The highlight was a Henslow's
Sparrow. As we were walking down the gravel road leading out of Hampton Creek
Cove a bird flushed from the edge of the road in some weeds right beside my
foot  The bird flew to a perch on a part of the old house and then retreated to
the ground on the other side. Attempts to relocate the bird were unsuccessful.
The constant barking from the local hounds didn't help in out attempts. Any
thoughs on the early date would be appreciated as the current possible date
listed in Rick Knights book is Oct 2 - 29.

Carvers Gap

Present-Roger Lemaster

Black & White Warbler-2
Chestnut-sided Warbler-3