[bcbirdclub] Harris's Sparrow - Photo Attempt

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 21:40:19 -0500

I went to David and Susan Raines' place today to see the Harris's Sparrow that
showed up there yesterday. The bird came to the yard within minutes. It is a
beautiful bird, but it was backlit and would not come close for photos. I
finally managed to slip around the side of the house and get this photo from
behind a bush, but it was partially blocked by the snow on a picnic table.

This species is a great find for the area. It is a rare find to have one here
in the East. Thanks to David and Susan for the opportunity to see it and
attempt to photograph it.