[bcbirdclub] Grosbeaks and Orioles

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 23:02:26 -0400

On April 26, the day after posting the Rose-breasted Grosbeak photo from my
friend, Skip McClellan in Conroe, TX, a female showed up here. Then shortly
after, a male flew in.

More Baltimore Orioles have shown up for the oranges we have for them. This
morning there were 3 males here at the same time. No females so far. One has
started eating the suet as well as the oranges.

We had our FOS Gray Catbird yesterday and our FOS Yellow-breasted Chat this
morning. We are still seeing Pine Siskins. We had 11 a couple of days ago.
There is still a White-throated Sparrow hanging around. I hope he stays until
after the 8th, which is the late date for them in the county. We also had one
lone, female Purple Finch at the sunflwer seed this morning. She should soon be
moving northward also. The Scarlet Tanagers are back and the pair of  American
Redstarts seem to be nesting in the same place they have nested in the backyard
for the last couple of years.

JPEG image

JPEG image