[bcbirdclub] Golden Eagle - Russell County, VA

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, virginia birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:15:50 -0700 (PDT)

This morning I observed a juvenile Golden Eagle hunting on the Clifton Farms
Road side of House and Barn Mountain. I was able to take some long distance
photos for documentary purposes. Actually it was a double eagle day as I also
observed an adult Bald Eagle over Little River a few minutes later. I have now
seen Golden Eagles in Russell County in every month of the year except July.
The very poor photos are at the following link

  http://www.pbase.com/opiehunter/golden_eagle

Tom

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club