[bcbirdclub] Geat Horned Owl Again

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 11:43:31 -0500

Before dawn Tuesday morning, two days after our Christmas bird count, I heard
the "WHO, WHO" of a great Horned Owl calling from a large Cedar in the cemetery
on the ridge just across from our house. It was probably the same one I heard
here on December 9. Too bad we didn't hear it during the count.

Since owls like to roost during the day next to the trunks of evergreens, this
one may be roosting in the large Cedar it was calling from.