[bcbirdclub] Fwd: eBird Report - Bill and Margaret's Wild World, May 3, 2015

  • From: wdunson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Club, Buchanan" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 23:16:11 +0000 (UTC)

We just arrived back from a winter in FL to Grayson County, VA, at our
Baywood/Galax 107 acre farm and are enjoying the signs of spring. 11 species of
warblers so far with more to come. Our breeding willow flycatchers are not back
yet.

Bill & Margaret Dunson

Bill and Margaret's Wild World, Grayson, US-VA
May 3, 2015 8:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments: Includes solitary sandpiper from May 2
57 species

Turkey Vulture 1
Solitary Sandpiper 1 at rock in pond today, near locust bridge run yesterday
May 2
Mourning Dove 4
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Downy Woodpecker 2
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 1
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Eastern Phoebe 2
Yellow-throated Vireo 1 near barn, heard May 1
Red-eyed Vireo 4
Blue Jay 2
American Crow 1
Common Raven 1
Tree Swallow 15
Carolina Chickadee 3
Tufted Titmouse 1
White-breasted Nuthatch 2
House Wren 1
Carolina Wren 3 1 has nest in wood shed
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
Eastern Bluebird 3 a nest with babies at smoke house
Wood Thrush 1
American Robin 3
Gray Catbird 2 1 with dry grass in bill
Brown Thrasher 1
Northern Mockingbird 2
European Starling 2 at hole old maple
Ovenbird 4
Worm-eating Warbler 5
Black-and-white Warbler 3
Common Yellowthroat 2
Hooded Warbler 2
American Redstart 1 heard only
Northern Parula 1
Yellow Warbler 3 near home
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1 beautiful look
Yellow-rumped Warbler 2
Black-throated Green Warbler 1
Eastern Towhee 5
Chipping Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 5
White-throated Sparrow 8 along spicebush trail
White-crowned Sparrow 8 all adult plumage
Scarlet Tanager 1
Northern Cardinal 4
Indigo Bunting 3
Bobolink 3
Red-winged Blackbird 10
Eastern Meadowlark 5
Common Grackle 1
Brown-headed Cowbird 1
Orchard Oriole 5 male + female near home where usually nest, male + female pine
at locust bridge, male at W red crab apple area All 3 males adults
Baltimore Oriole 2
House Finch 3 fledged baby begging for food
American Goldfinch 10

View this checklist online at

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 ( http://ebird.org )