[bcbirdclub] Fw: veery?

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:26:17 -0400

Hi All,
Bob Sweaney, who lives in KY sent this e-mail to me yesterday. Maybe some of
you would have some ideas on the ID of the bird he saw. According to the Gold
Book of Virginia the earliest Veery reported in Southwest VA is April 15th.
Being so close to us in KY I would think the dates for returning Veerys there
would be very close to that.
If the bird was not a Hermit Thrush, what might it have been?