[bcbirdclub] Fw: [TN-Bird] Rock Pigeon's Weight

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 22:25:41 -0500

Jeff Wilson, a well known birder in western Tennessee, has given me permission
to post this message to our listserve. Click on his link below to see his
rather amazing picture of pigeons.

Jan. 25, 2012

A Rock Pigeon weighs about 9 oz, as light as a feather you might say; but how
about a lot of pigeons on a power line. To see the effects of lots of birds on
a line try:

http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/image/141078452

Good Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA
6300 Memphis-Arlington Rd.
Bartlett, TN. 38135
http://WWW.pbase.com/ol_coot/

What is this feathered thing that lifts my heart to the heavens.