[bcbirdclub] Fw: Goldfinch are gone

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:55:28 -0500

Our fellow birder from Texas, Skip McClellan, sent this report of birds in his area. Evidently spring has already sprung there.

Thanks Skip

----- Original Message ----- Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:17 PM
Subject: Goldfinch are gone

The Goldfinch are gone.  I have not seen any for the past 5 days, not even
one.  Starting to see some nuthatches, red bellied woodpeckers, Downey
woodpeckers, house sparrows, morning doves,  red cardinals late in the
evening and some Carolina Wrens.  I think the Goldfinch are heading your
way.  Been fairly warm here, mid 70's, on and off, and lot of rain.  Just
wanted to give you the Texas report.
We have Camellia and azaleas in full bloom here already.
Good Birding:

Skip McClellan
Conroe, Texas

website: www.bcbirdclub.org