[bcbirdclub] Fw: Com. Grackle Behavior--Bluefield, WV 6-10-08

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 23:27:22 -0400

This message comes from BCBC member Ann McRae of Bluefield, WV. Have any of you ever seen this behavior from Grackles before? I haven't. Maybe it's like Flickers and anting, where the flicker lets ants crawl on its wing feathers and their formic acid helps to rid the flicker of mites, etc. Maybe the magnolia pods do something similar.

Good observation Ann,
Roger Mayhorn

----- Original Message ----- From: "annmcrae" <annmcrae@xxxxxxxxxxxx>