[bcbirdclub] Re: Fox Sparrows

  • From: "David & Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:41:49 -0500

Hey Rog, beautiful photo of the Fox Sparrow! Thanks for posting it. Today was
obviously a great day for that species. I also had 4 inches of snow this AM &
there were 4 Fox Sparrows among all the other feeder birds! I counted 30
Cardinals & 18 R-W Blackbirds. I also had 1 Crow & 1 Robin on a platform feeder
that contained B-O Sunflower seeds & Sugar Cane seed tops. I think the Robin
was going for the Sorghum seeds. I had 2 Y-R Warblers, 1 male & 1 female. They
not only ate the suet but fed on the ground w/Sparrows & Juncos. It'll be
interesting to see what the weather brings in tomorrow! Dave R /Breaks,VA

PS: I almost forgot, there were 6 Fox Sparrows scattered across the feeder yard
this evening at 5:30. That is definitely a new record for our place!