[bcbirdclub] Fox Sparrow,Flicker and Wrens

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:11:24 -0500

We finally saw our first Fox Sparrow of 2015 yesterday. By days end it was
joined by a 2nd one. The flicker is the first I've ever had in the feeder yard.
He stayed for several minutes on the old locust post that supports our platform
feeder. Maybe some ants have taken up residence there! The Carolina Wrens are
frequent visitors to the suet. Numbers keep increasing during this deep snow.
We now have a 2nd Brown Thrasher and Towhee , Junco and Sparrow numbers
increase daily. Ground feeding birds are really struggling right now. Keep
feeding them, DaveR/Breaks,VA

PS: Susan posted the picture of the Pine Siskin perched on my hand earlier
today. That little guy was unafraid and ate Black-oil Sunflower seeds from my
gloved hand for a couple of minutes. Susan just happened to look out the window
at the right time to get the picture.