[bcbirdclub] FOS Purple Finch and Other Migrants

  • From: roger mayhorn <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan Bird Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 22:17:48 -0400 (EDT)

A male Purple Finch stopped by briefly at the seed feeder today. I guess winter
can't be too far away.
I was surprised to see warblers still stopping by the yard stream. Seven
Tennessees came down to bathe along with a male Cape May and a Bay-breasted. A
Magnolia Warbler worked the branches of the birch tree over the pond.
Other migrants in the yard were 3 Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, 2 Scarlet Tanagers,
a Northern Flicker, a Blue Jay, a Wood Thrush, a Brown Thrasher and 2 Chipping
Sparrows.