[bcbirdclub] FOS Cedar Waxwings

  • From: Jessica Duty <djdjduty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanon County <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 11:05:47 -0800 (PST)

Here in Belfast we are certainly glad to see a bit of warmer weather, and this
has brought us some beautiful new birds as well. Watching the feeders with
Andrea, I spotted quite a bit of movement in some trees about 75 yards from the
house. When I got the binoculars out I was thrilled to see the tree full of
Cedar Waxwings! There were between 25 and 35 as it was difficult to tell. They
were flying down to the overrun creek for a drink and back into the trees to
perch for a bit.

As a side, I also spotted the first male Redwing Blackbirds just a few minutes
ahead of the waxwings in the field in front of the house.  (We had a female
visit for several days during the polar vortex.)

I can't wait to see what comes to see us in the days to come.

Happy Birding!

Jessica Duty