[bcbirdclub] Elk - Southern Gap

  • From: Daryl Owens <daryl.owens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan County Bird Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 15:50:20 +0000

A friend who lives on Airport Rd. had told that he was seeing a herd of Elk at
Southern Gap the past few mornings. On my to pick up my parents for an
appointment, I took the opportunity to check them out. As you can see, I was
not disappointed. Along with the large bull in the photo, there were fifteen
cows and one much smaller bull. They didn't seemed to be frightened as I
stopped the car and photographed them from 40-50 yards.

Daryl O

Sent from my iPhone