[bcbirdclub] Re: Eastern Screech Owl, Golden Eagle Russell Co, photos

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "buchanan co bc" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 21:54:45 -0500

Nice photos Tom and great birds too.

  From: Thomas Hunter
  To: Bristol Birds ; buchanan co bc ; virginia birds
  Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010 7:20 PM
  Subject: [bcbirdclub] Eastern Screech Owl, Golden Eagle Russell Co, photos

        This morning I was birding on Mountain Road in Russell County and found
an Eastern Screech Owl (red morph) in the same roost tree that has hosted one
since Jan 2009. With permission I crawled through the fence and was able to get
some close shots.
        I drove on and about 5 minutes later I saw a Golden Eagle perched in a
snag on top of the hill. I was able to get some identifying photos but could
not get any closer.
        I have posted a couple of these photos on pbase along with some others
from the last month. They can be found at:
        http://www.pbase.com/opiehunter/russell_county_november

        Tom

        Tom & Laverne Hunter
        Russell County Bird Club