[bcbirdclub] Easter Turkey?

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 18:43:29 -0400

Hi All,
I might expect to see an Easter bunny on Easter morning, but an Easter turkey?
When Lynda and I got up early this morning we found this guy in the yard eating
bird seed near the bird feeders. This bird is a domestic turkey and belongs to
a neighbor. Evidently the bird got out of its pen and their new dog chased it.
I suppose this could be called a new yard bird. We've had lots of Wild Turkeys
in our yard, but this is the first domestic one.

In addition to the turkey  and the regulars we had 6 Fox Sparrows, 2 Chipping
Sparrows, 4 White-throated Sparrows, a couple of Song Sparrows and 4 male
Cowbirds.

JPEG image