[bcbirdclub] Directions to Sparrow Day 2011

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 09:58:42 -0400

For those unfamiliar w/our location the following directions should help.

From Grundy: Follow Rt460 W about 7 miles until passing a Spirit Gas Station on
the left. Take the next left onto Rt609 (Bull Creek Rd) toward Breaks
Interstate Park. Stay on this road for app. 6 miles passing Willowbrook Country
Club on the right. Look for the Breaks Church of Christ on the right & take the
next right onto Happy Hollow Rd(Rt 631) over a concrete bridge. About 1/2 mile
on left look for driveway marked Monarch Rd/Sparrow Day.

From Haysi: Follow Rt 80 (Breaks Park Rd) toward the park. Stay on this road
for 7 miles passing the park entrance on the left & taking the next right. A
concrete plant is now located at this intersection. After only 300 yds turn
left @ the stop sign & then turn right onto Happy Hollow Rd(Rt 631). About !/2
mile on left look for driveway marked Monarch Rd/Sparrow Day.

If anyone needs further assistance you may call our home @ 276-531-8257 or
e-mail: rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx

Susan & I are looking forward to this event & hope the weather & birds
cooperate nicely. I have seen several sparrow species here lately, including
White-crowned, White-throated, Lincoln's, Swamp, Song & Chipping. Several late
migrants are still trickling through so anything is possible. Also after lunch,
we plan to check the Breaks Park for waterfowl & raptors. Come on out!
DaveR/Breaks,Va