[bcbirdclub] Common Redpoll Still Here

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:12:03 -0400

The female Common Redpoll that showed up at my feeders yesterday is still
hanging around today with a flock of goldfinches. It came to the nyjer
(thistle) sock feeder only, and it was there every 15 or 20 minutes this
morning, but this afternoon when David Raines came by to get a look at it, it
was gone for about an hour. I'm hoping it might stay around for a few more days
since some snow is in the forecast.

Here are couple more photos. The white spots on the first picture are rain
drops.

Here it is with a couple of goldfinches.

JPEG image

JPEG image