[bcbirdclub] Commerical Birds on Compton Mt

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:04:18 -0400

Well, it looks like big business has finally managed to harness nature for its
purposes. I hadn't realized it before, but when I went outside this morning a
Cardinal was in a tree below the pond singing "Tivo, Tivo, Tivo", and from
another corner of the yard was a Carolina Wren calling "email, email, email."
According to Bob Riggs Carolina Wrens have been singing "hamburger, hamburger,
hamburger" for years now and Acadian Flycatchers call "Pizza, Pizza".
Wonder what's next.