[bcbirdclub] Clinch Mountain / Laurel Bed Lake

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan Birds <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, New River Birds <nrvbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 11:49:54 -0700 (PDT)

Area Birders,

Michelle, Chazzy and I went off-trail at Laurel Bed Lake and found our way up
to a point on Clinch Mountain known as Bald Rock.  It was a beautiful day for
hiking, mushrooms of every description were popping up in the forest, and the
waterfalls of Big Tumbling Creek were roaring..  Best birds included a
Black-throated Blue Warbler, Veery, and an Osprey fishing at Laurel Bed Lake.

For those interested, here is a link to our hike pictures:
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/laurel4

Ed and Michelle Talbott
Grundy, Virginia