[bcbirdclub] Cerulean Warbler and more

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 08:28:43 -0400

Yesterday the afternoon brought a flurry of activity at our yard stream. First
I glimpsed a male Scarlet Tanager in the stream looking like a drowned rat
because he was all wet. Later I noticed a Yellow-throated Warbler and a Hooded
Warbler near the stream, then a female Cerulean Warbler came in to drink and
bathe. While it was there a male Redstart flew in to bathe next to it. After
they left a Worm-eating Warbler arrived, followed shortly by a male Blue-winged
Warbler. Throughout the day a pair of Indigo Buntings came to the stream and to
the feeders. A nice variety of visitors.