[bcbirdclub] Re: Central Ohio Chapter of the Buchanan Bird Club Trip Report

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "birdy list" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 23:51:55 -0400

Hey Bob,
Congratulations on establishing another Ohio chapter of the BCBC. At this rate
the club will soon be established all over Ohio :)
Congratulations also on the upcoming nupitials. Hungry Mother State Park is a
beautiful place for the event.

  Robert Riggs & Mary Ann Saturday, August 20, 2011
  4:30 P.M.
  Hungry Mother State Park
  2854 Park Boulevard
  Marion, VA  24354

  Reception Following
  R.S.V.P by August 8, 2011 By either email:
  CardinalsComfort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Call (276) 780-2597

  Hi All,
  The Central Ohio Chapter of the Buchanan County Bird Club took a field trip
to Gallipolis, Ohio along the Ohio river in southren Ohio on Saturday July 23.
Members who attended the event was Bob Riggs and Annie Spicer.  The great news
is that Bob and Annie will be married on August 20, 2011.  We welcome you to
join us.  The following species were observed.

  Canada Goose
  Wild Turkey
  Green Heron
  Turkey Vulture
  American Kestrel
  Morning Dove
  Yellow billed Cuckoo
  Chimeny Swift
  Ruby Throated Hummingbird
  Downey Woodpecker
  Eastern Wood Pee Wee
  Willow Flycatcher
  Least Flycatcher
  Eastern Phoebe
  Eastern Kingbird
  White-eyed Vireo
  Red-eyed Vireo
  Blue Jay
  American Crow
  Purple Martin
  Barn Swallow
  Carolina Chickadee
  Tufted Titmouse
  Carolina Wren
  House Wren
  Wood thrush
  American Robin
  Gray Catbird
  Northern Mockingbird
  Brown Thrasher
  European Starling
  Cedar Waxwing
  Blue-winged Warbler
  Black and White Warbler
  Ovenbird
  Kentucky Warbler
  Common Yellowthroat
  Hooded Warbler
  Scarlet Tanager
  Eastern Towhee
  Chipping Sparrow
  Field Sparrow
  Song Sparrow
  Northern Cardinal
  Indigo Bunting
  Red winged Blackbird
  Common Grackle
  Orchard Oriole- spectacular several males and females perched on tops of
shrubs shining in the sunlight.
  House Finch
  American Goldfinch
  House Sparrow