[bcbirdclub] Burkes Garden

  • From: "Jerry Thornhill" <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 19:31:24 -0500

Jane & I went to Burkes Garden today since we'll miss the club trip.
Unfortunately, all the ridges were covered with fog.  We didn't find any
Golden Eagles or Rough-legged Hawks but we did find Red-tailed, Kestrels, a
Northern Harrier, and the two Bald Eagles at the nest across from the store.
There were no waterfowl on the big pond, but we did find Mallards and
American Black Ducks in the nearby creek and Green-winged Teal in the creek
behind the big white house.  We also found one Red-headed Woodpecker.  After
we returned home and saw Tom's post about the Cackling Geese at Stuart's
Pond, we went back out and found them still there at about 5 o'clock.  All
together, we had 35 species for the day.

Jerry

Click for info on the Great Backyard Bird Count.

 <http://www.birdcount.org>

JPEG image