[bcbirdclub] Broad-winged Hawks

  • From: roger mayhorn <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan County Bird Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 22:17:05 -0400 (EDT)

In my last post I forgot to mention that today two Broad-winged Hawks came
gliding through the yard so low they had to swerve to miss the house. I was
standing in the yard and one flew right over my head, but didn't seem to pay
any attention to me. Both perched for awhile in a tree just across the road
from our backyard.
This is probably the Broad-wings I have been seeing on a regular basis for the
past few weeks. They must be nesting somewhere close by.

We also have Carolina Wrens with nestlings in the shed, and a Cardinal nest in
the Red Cedar near the shed.