[bcbirdclub] Broad-winged Hawk

  • From: Daryl Owens <daryl.owens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan County Bird Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 07:39:57 -0400

   I was checking the Bluebird boxes on Keene Mtn. last evening and saw my FOS
Broad-winged Hawk.  It was circling very low which granted excellent looks.
Also of interest was a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker chasing a Yellow-rumped and
Yellow-throated Warbler from the tree in which it was feeding.  Also present
were Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Blue-headed Vireo and lots of Chipping Sparrows.
The Bluebirds, despite the cold snap, have also been busy.  I found eggs in
five boxes.

Daryl Owens
Oakwood VA

Sent from my