[bcbirdclub] Re: [Bristol-Birds] Backyard Hummers

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mike Sanders \(ls\)" <hawk036@xxxxxxx>, "Buchanan County Birdclub" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 23:34:07 -0400

Fantastic shot Mike.

  From: Michael Sanders
  To: Buchanan County Birdclub ; Bristol Birdclub
  Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:51 PM
  Subject: [Bristol-Birds] Backyard Hummers

  I have been trying to build up the Hummingbirds that visit my yard. Roger
Mayhorn gave me a start to a Trumpet Honeysuckle about 3 years ago, the plant
is doing great as it is covered with blooms, I decided to stake it out today
and see what was coming. I counted three at one time which is way short of the
15 flying around Rogers feeder at his place, I guess it will take a few years
to get to that level. I was able to get a few pics of this female/juvenile?, I
would like to get the male but I have not seen him this spring.

  Mike Sanders
  Bristol, VA

image/jpg