[bcbirdclub] Breaks Surprise

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 21:53:32 -0500

Had a chance to do a little birding in the Breaks Park this morning. I thought
I might find some waterfowl migrating through. I was not disapointed, finding 8
Wood Ducks on Laurel Lake. I then walked down to the Beaver Pond and was
surprised to find a Great Egret stalking a meal in the shallows. I proceeded to
chase the bird around the pond attempting to get a decent picture(see
attachment). While focusing on the Egret I flushed 2 groups of Wood Ducks
totalling19 birds and 7 Blue-winged Teal. November is such a great month for
waterfowl migration, hopefully our little lake and pond will host many tired or
hungry birds.
DaveR/Breaks,VA