[bcbirdclub] Breaks Park Birding

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:14:53 -0400

On Saturday, the 24th members of the BCBC met at the Breaks Park to see the
migrants that were returning or moving through the area. We weren't
disappointed, finding 46 species for the day. We found 9 warbler species
including Black-and_whites, Blackburnian, Black-throated Greens, Hooded,
Louisiana Waterthrush, Northern Parula, Ovenbird, Pine and Yellow-throated
Warbler. We had our First Of the Season Green Heron, Gray Catbird, Indigo
Bunting, Great Crested Flycatcher, Scarlet Tanager, Summer Tanager and Spotted
Sandpiper. Another highlight of the day was seeing a Broad-winged Hawk on the
nest at the park. The pair of hawks had been found there several days before by
Mike Sanders of Bristol, when he saw the birds at the nest.

Here are three photos.

                                                   The Broad-winged Hawk on the
nest

        Roger Mayhorn, David Raines and Don Carrier at the Garden Hole on the
Russell Fork River

                                                          Green Heron

JPEG image

JPEG image