[bcbirdclub] Bluebirds in KY

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Buchanan County Bird Club" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 19:33:46 -0400

Larry Pinson in Whitley City KY sent me these two photos he took today of the
Eastern Bluebirds in his yard. The first is the male at the nest box and the
second is newly hatched young in the nest.

Since Larry is a bit farther south than we are his birds got a little bit of a
headstart in nesting. Of course the fact that Larry put a light for heat under
the box during the coldest nights probably didn't hurt either. Now that is a
dedicated bluebird landlord.

Larry also had a male Rose-breasted Grosbeak in his yard today.

JPEG image

JPEG image