[bcbirdclub] Bluebird Trail takes a hit!

  • From: "David & Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 21:45:23 -0400

Dad & I walked the trails here at our home late this afternoon. In doing so we
discovered 2 of our Bluebird houses had been destroyed! The poles had been
broken & the houses ripped apart. Both had housed Bluebirds w/5 eggs in each
when I checked on 4/15. It saddened us both very much. We suspected a bear &,
sure enough, we found fresh bear droppings close by!
On a brighter note, I heard my FOS Wood Thrush sing that beautiful song of his
in the woods behind my parent's home this evening. Dave R/Breaks