[bcbirdclub] Black Vultures

  • From: <sweeney11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bc birdclub <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 18:21:53 -0500

About 4 pm I observed 25-28 bk vultures drifting slowly almost due South.  A
few minutes later 3 of them came "thermaling" around overhead and then headed a
little more East of a southerly direction.   I think this caused my local
Red-Shouldered Hawk to put in an appearance.   "Reba" the Rufous HB has now
completed 18 days here.   I'm providing fruit and veggie scraps in hopes of
producing some fruit flies for her.  I wonder if she could survive some length
of time on sweet water only?   End report/
Steve Sweeney
Ashland,Boyd CO., KY.