[bcbirdclub] Birds and Snow

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 18:58:28 -0500

The snow really came down today here at our place, and the birds flocked to the
feeders. Just after dawn I noticed a Fox Sparrow under the platform feeder
among several White-throated Sparrows, Song Sparrows, Cardinals, Juncos,
Goldfinches, House Finches and a couple of Towhees. As many as 5 Purple
Finches, maybe more, came in with the titmice, chickadees and Blue Jays. I was
surprised to see 3 male Brown-headed Cowbirds. I haven't seen any of those for
a couple of months.
Attached is a shot of the platform feeder around midday.